Control/Dimming Questions about bords

I am a stuent at a high school, and we are haveing trobles with our board. We are useing an obsession I(not II, I). The board is so old, and for the past year and a half the hard drive has been getting louder and louder. We think it will die soon, and it keeps forgeting our subs and cues. We tried to install a new hard drive, and it fit but is was just way to big. We then called ETC about it, and they said that we should not mess with the inside. They said we would have to get it sent to Alexandria(From Richmond) and from there sent to them. We dont know how much this would cost, but im guessing it would be alot.

One of the actors dads works AV at the Smithsoinan and says he knows someone localy that might be able to fix it.
I was wondering what the cost of fixing it might be, and if it is worth it since it is such an old bord and might break again soon. Im not sure if buying a new board might be better.

I was looking at the Congo kid. Ive learnd how to use our board just by playing with it, and have been trying new things. Im a softmore so I have 3 years left. We are currently not using MLs, Just fixed lights.

Do any professionals have any idea what we should do with our board problem, or have any advice for what we should do with our theather in genral.

Im super interisted in this stuff and would love to learn more.
Thanks
--Max

Sorry for speling, spell check is not working.

Cool, but im not realy looking for anothr one. We are either going to fix it or get a better board. Its preaty outdated.
But thanks.
Anyone else know anything?

I have the Element. I highly recommend it for high schools. It works great for standard fixtures, but is good with LEDs and can work for ML's if you do get there eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back