Quiet operations moving lights

hamlett22

HI

I am in the market to purchase 4 moving lights for our theatre. I test drove a couple of Martin Mac 700s and 2000s last year and found them to be loud in our space. We have a 400 seat theatre... 3rd floor is the catwalks which is our hang positions.

So I am looking for recommendations on make and model that run quietly, probably specifically made for small spaces where quiet ops is key.

Your leads and suggestions are appreciated.

Have a great weekend,
Chad

When it's not hot in the space we run our 700's in what is known as "regulated" mode, where the fans only run when needed.

Our a Theater Dept. has found them reasonably quiet in this mode.

It's a setting in the fixture menu.

I should have said designed, not made - but just thought I'd mention it. Does seem quiet in the pan and tilt. Much more of a refocusable special than a moving light. Shutters and all.

When I saw the tour of billy idol, I noticed that there were two revolutions in a low box boom position. Ie about 8 feet above the audience. When I asked the electrician he said they were chosen because they were quiet.

I have three of them in my space and finds that as refocusable specials ( which is what I usually want ) they work very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back