Control/Dimming Satellite Dimmer Pack Mounting

Bubby4j

I have a NSI ND 4600 satellite dimmer pack that I need to mount to a 1.5" pipe. I'm unsure how to accomplish this though. With the DDS 5600 there's a mounting point for a C Clamp and you can also reverse the back cover to easily hang it from a pipe. The ND 4600 only has flanges on either side with 6 holes total.

Suggestions?

Are you mounting it vertically or will it be sitting on/underhanging the pipe? I am NOT a knowledgeable person here, but I would mount it to a board and u bolt the board to the pipe if it can sit on.

I'm fine with any mounting position, I just want it to be safe and look nice. I could paint the board black. That would probably work (assuming that I also have a safety cable) and look decent.

If you got the back plate From the 5600 you could transplant it if this is just a one off. Permenant I would go with the board idea.

How about properly bolting an appropriately sized conduit hanger to the shoebox? Then you can attach the hanger to the pipe. Absolutely install a safety cable as you say.

Attachments

• Conduit Hanger.jpg
    Conduit Hanger.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 117
How about properly bolting an appropriately sized conduit hanger to the shoebox? Then you can attach the hanger to the pipe. Absolutely install a safety cable as you say.
That's actually a really good idea! I'm kind of disappointed in myself for not thinking of that in the past.
And yes, do be sure to use a safety cable. Attach it through one of the remaining slots.

Wouldnt the conduit hanger be sized for much smaller pipe?
Only if you bought a conduit hanger that was sized for much smaller pipe. You could also buy one sized for much bigger pipe that would then be too big. If you don't know what size you need, measure the pipe or truss cord you are planning on mounting to and buy that size conduit hangers.

With the conduit hanger you only have to worry about losing one nut and one screw- I wish there was something like a conduit hanger that could be buckled on a pipe. Hold the shoebox with your left hand and buckle the clamp with your right hand. (Vice versa on the left and right hands if applicable)

With the conduit hanger you only have to worry about losing one nut and one screw- I wish there was something like a conduit hanger that could be buckled on a pipe. Hold the shoebox with your left hand and buckle the clamp with your right hand. (Vice versa on the left and right hands if applicable)
A half coupler would work like that and be easier than a conduit hanger. You would have to drill a hole large enough for the bolt though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back