SHEHDS fixtures -- any good?

Sorry. Above reply is foreign language to me... where does your words come from, and actually the Murphy bed might be a source I think unless otherwise in debate in what I think you mean. Thanks for making that special.

A tech nerd on my part in not understanding

Last edited:
I plainly said "strike the lamps at 9am and leave them burning 100% but fixture shuttered until...." \

I did NOT SAY anytyhing about leaving them on overnight. Nor did I complain about lamp life (that's another story).

It was about heat build up damage to the fixtures themselves and the repair costs created by a behavioral aspect theater tradition.

Pffft.!

I plainly said "strike the lamps at 9am and leave them burning 100% but fixture shuttered until...." \
Sure. But if you grew up in theatres without arc lights, "strike" means *put away*, *take down*. In the context of "movers that stay lit full time", I don't think it was *that* much of a stretch to assume it meant "dowse the light by shuttering it, while, as we've just mentioned, it's lamp stays lit".

It doesn't mean "turn on".

Sure. But if you grew up in theatres without arc lights, "strike" means *put away*, *take down*. In the context of "movers that stay lit full time", I don't think it was *that* much of a stretch to assume it meant "dowse the light by shuttering it, while, as we've just mentioned, it's lamp stays lit".

It doesn't mean "turn on".
I disagree. It does with a discharge lamp. If we're gonna be in a semantic pissing match, I'm done.

I disagree. It does with a discharge lamp. If we're gonna be in a semantic pissing match, I'm done.
Well, if you are going to characterize semantics - that is to say communications, and understanding - as "mere", then yeah, you're done.

My first iggy bin on CB...

My apologies to Jay and all in letting it get off topic and misunderstood debate that went too far. This especially given he was asking for advice on a product and I was not help on that. I will try to do better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back