SMPTE Decoder IC

SanTai

I have a new project in which I need to decode a properitary ltc which is similar to smpte with 30 fps. I was planning to start with a smpte decoder IC but have not found anything suitable. Does anyone here have a smpte IC that they have used successfully?

Google helped me understand:
LTC - linear time code
SMPTE - Society of Motion Picture & Television Engineers

So, you want to build your own electronics that consumes a proprietary linear time code similar to the SMPTE 30 fps standard (preferably using and integrated circuit). I can't say that I've ever come across anyone on Control Booth discussing building any circuits to listen to any form of time code. Perhaps this question on the Arduino stack exchange site will be helpful.

Google helped me understand:
LTC - linear time code
SMPTE - Society of Motion Picture & Television Engineers

So, you want to build your own electronics that consumes a proprietary linear time code similar to the SMPTE 30 fps standard (preferably using and integrated circuit). I can't say that I've ever come across anyone on Control Booth discussing building any circuits to listen to any form of time code. Perhaps this question on the Arduino stack exchange site will be helpful.

If you click the words that got a yellow dots under them are links to the CB wiki if you want to have to avoid resorting to google.

Thanks for the link, that is however a software solution. If possible I would like to avoid that and do it with a circuit instead have the data and clock as output.

Neither have I seen any discussions about projects that include time code decoding circuits. But I have seen a lot of cool arduiono hacks for remotecontrolling all kinds of things, usually leds. As soon as you want to sync stuff time code usually gets mentioned, I hoped someone had implemented in their custom/diy solutions. Thought it might be more likley on a theatre/live event forum than a pure electronics forum to get into timecode sync. I will continue my search!

Nice! Thanks. Could not find anything on digikey for SMPTE-12M. It could be done on a micro but I would prefer to do the FM decoding in the analog domain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back