source for oversized acrylic

kicknargel

I have a corporate client who wants a light box with a seamless milk plex surface 117" x 72". My local suppliers can get it in 3/16" thick, but I think that's going to be very floppy. I think I'd want at least 3/8". Anyone have a source for silly pieces of plastic?

I use Tap Plastic when I need something. They are in Washington, Oregon, and California. They have a shop in the bay area I think where they do their custom work. It's probably farther than you hoped to transport, but worth a call.

They have a shop in the bay area I think where they do their custom work.
Is that where the crew of Star Trek IV had the transparent aluminum made for their whale tank?;)

Is that where the crew of Star Trek IV had the transparent aluminum made for their whale tank?;)
They didn't use transparent aluminum for the tank - that would have taken too long, they traded the invention of transparent aluminum for materials that were readily availble at the time (6 inches thick, transparent aluminum would have been only 1 inch thich, IIRC).

I would also say give Tap a call, I just bought some cement from them for making a box myself. If you can't find it you could always just make supports out of plexi on the inside and cut them in an arch or a triangle.

Yeah, I'd checked Tap's website with no luck, but probably worth a call.
I have found my local Tap has more options than the website and more importantly it's staffed by experts with great ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back