Squeaky Seat Fixes?

CBR372

Hey everyone!

Large 1500 seat venue has a bunch of squeaky seats. It is coming from the hinge area, mostly the spring. Is there a lubricant that is preferred to fix this?

Thanks everyone!

PB Blaster or White Lightning, usually does the trick.

Can you use wd40, or is that a fire risk

have you had the seat pad off to look at the spring? the seats i have use a rubber bushing on the end of the spring. That bushing works loose some times. You might try a spray graphite, often sold as a lock lubricant, you can find it in an auto parts store. It is very flammable when applied but that just evaporates away leaving the dry lube.

One thought: I was just in a squeaky seat last weekend; check the floor bolts too...

That was actually my immediate reaction - having inspected a lot of seats - but he did say it was the spring. I find wobbly chairs from loose bolts - maybe they seats had been removed at some point - is the biggest noise generator.

Well in my case this seat was squeaking in the bed even though it was the front bolt that was loose; it seems to me that the seat was twerking.. no, android: 'torquing', and the flex was the primary source of the noise.

with 1500 seats i hope you or your facility maintenance staff do an annual PM to inspect all seats for loose parts, wear and tear, squeaks and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back