Strand 250ML- Follow cues?

manuallyfocused

I'm demo-ing the Strand 250ML board and lighting our small spring show, and I'm having some trouble figuring out why making a cue follow into the next cue seems to create a momentary blackout. I haven't programmed lights in years, so I can't tell if it's a bug in the board software or something I'm doing wrong.

The cues I'm working on in particular involve a scene happening on a platform downstage, and a frozen scene upstage. In the middle of the downstage scene, there is a break in the action and a quick exchange between a character in that scene and one in the upstage scene. I programmed a cue so that the lights fade down a bit on the downstage platform and up on the upstage scene, then had it follow after a few seconds to come back to the previous look (bright on the DS platform, dim light on the US scene). When I ran through it manually without the follow, it behaved the way I wanted it to. When I told it to follow, the lights on the DS platform flashed quickly to zero in between the cues, then faded up to where I wanted them, creating a weird jilted blackout in between.

Any idea why it does that? I know there are a few people on here who've played with this board, but I can't seem to find any mention of this particular issue, either here or on the Strand development forum, and the forum hasn't let me register yet so I can't post it there.

Thanks for any help!

The symptom you propose is NOT what is expected. So your instincts are right. I've not seen this issue. What version of software are you on? Make sure you are on the latest software which is 1.3.

On the forum issue, send me an email at [email protected] and let me know what you have done to sign up for the forum and I'll take a look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back