Theatre Organization Chart

What do you really want to know Chris? Why are you asking? The problem is that there is no one answer. While every theater has similar needs for jobs, we all have different ways of dealing with them. In one theater the Stage manager, T.D., Lighting Designer, and master carpenter, and light operator are all paid professionals, in another theater one person known as the "tech guy" does all those jobs. There simply isn't one answer. Even in the larger budget theaters. Maybe Van and Icewolf could help with this a little... both work at large regional theaters but I'm sure there are many ways that their organizational structures are different.
In my opinion organizational structure is so different that it's unimportant. Learn what job titles mean and just know that when you get a job your boss may be different in every theater.

I am not so familiar with the organization of the tech department of the theatre, but the information which you gave me are very usefull.
Thank you very much
Chris

Take a look here. I have started to work on this as I have had time. Though it is trying to relate to high school I do talk about the "standard" regional theatre model.

Chris

I copied some pages from a reference that I have for theatre organization and emailed it directly to you.

As others have noted, there is no single "right" organization form.

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back