Using a ADJ Wifly WLC16 with lights HELP.

I am really new to lighting and my friends band is playing a gig in a couple of weeks and I am going to use a ADJ Wifly WLC16 lighting board with some lights . I've used some small lighting boards before at school. I've used a NSI 16 channel board and programed some pars and ellipsoidal. Now I am using on the back truss to aim at the audience a Chauvet Intimidator Spot 350, Chauvet Swarm,ADJ Octobeam rgbw, and on the floor 2 ADJ ultra bar 6. For the front light I have 2 stands with ADJ Mega Tri 38 with Hex 3 on each stand as well.. The Wifly board is only 32 channels, and with all the lights I am using, It's way more than 32 channels. I've read the manual for the Wifly and the lights, but it is not making any sense to me. Can I put all those lights on the Wifly and control them all? I hope someone can help me. Thanks Justin.

Ok, it has 16 faders but 512 channels. Lots of per-programing before the show. Basically, you set the perimeters for each moving head using the faders one at a time and store them all as a scene. Let Youtube be your friend on learning this board as there is a lot to learn!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Each mover gets an address 32 channels up, so fixture one is at 001, fixture two is at 033, fixture 3 is at 065 and so on! Hit the fixture button, set the look, hit [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] back off and hit [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG], and program that look and so on... When you have the whole scene programed you write it to memory and work on the next scene. It will store 16 scenes per bank and you have 30 banks, so you have a total of 480 scenes available. When it's showtime, you will just be calling scenes up. One trick is to use each bank for a song (or two) so you are only hitting the scene buttons during the song. Showtime will be easy, but you have a lot of programing to do first.
When I use such a board I usually end up taking a mover home with me and actually put it through it's paces in the comfort of home. It stores all the scenes on an SD memory card, so you can make a backup.

I cannot recommend the ADJ 16 Channel DMX WiFly Controller. It's missing the most important option to be able to use a Master Dimmer when running lights in the Scene and Chase Modes . How could any one design a lighting controller and NOT INCLUDE the option for a Master Dimmer? In order for you to change the levels you have to create multiple scenes and chases of the same sequence which means you have to use up and create time consuming scenes just to be able to have the option of dimmer or brighter lights of the same scenes and chases. How stupid is that? DON'T BUY THE ADJ WiFly 16 Channel Controller if you need to use the option of a Master Dimmer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back