Vectorworks ParNEL and ParEA Focus.

TheTheaterGeek

EOS Addict
Premium Member
Fight Leukemia
How do you turn the beam in VW 2014 or 2015. It is always pointed at the focus point, but i can't change the orientation of the ellipsoidal beam shape. It is always, for lack (or need) of a better term...Hotdog style(elementary school throwback :p).

Don't I look intelligent now.

Thanks in advance.

There is a lamp rotation parameter for just this situation. I recall it being pretty far down the list in the Object Info pallet for lighting objects, by the shutter controls.
I tried playing with this and it doesn't seem to be working. If I have a vertical beam spread, and I want it to be horizontal, a lamp rotation of 90° should work right? All it does is seem to warp the "bench focus" of the fixture.

Which view are you using? I just gave it a shot and it worked for me - VWX 2015.

Temporarily give the light some wildly opposite beam & field angles, then try using Lamp Rotation Angle. That should give you a good idea if it's working or not.

It's worked for me for years. If you are having more trouble I suggest you call tech support or get on the VW forum. They have assigned a tech to it that has been VERY responsive.

Thanks for the suggestions, I got it to work. I think there was something wrong with my symbol on the plot. I replaced everything and it worked. I wish I knew more, but it seems to be resolved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back