Verify my math on this...

A few things here -
First off, for circuit loading, standard practice is to use load current not power. This takes into account power factor.
Secondly, your available power is split across 8 circuits, so your load also needs to be properly spit across circuits. As noted, for continuous loads, the 20A nominal circuit needs to be derated to 80% of nominal. So for an R20 module rated at 20A and assuming that everything downstream is sized appropriately, you've got 8x 16A circuits.

Per the manual, the VL2600 series pulls right around 7A at 120V, so you can put 2 on a circuit. 4 fixtures requires 2 circuits, so you have 6 left. Note that these circuits are filled to 14A, so can probably be considered "fully loaded"
The load current for the VL800 Propars isn't specified, but input power is rated at 230W. Assuming a power factor of 0.9 and 110V input, that's a calculated current of 2.3A. So all 6 units will fit on one circuit, leaving 5 left. With just shy or 14A on this circuit, I'd also consider it fully loaded.
The Prolight Eclipse FS also does not have the input current liusted, but power is noted as 200W at a power factor of 0.95. This gives a load current of 1.9A, so you could fit all 16 units into 2 circuits. Note that due to inrush constraints, Prolight recommends limiting a circuit to 10 fixtures at 230V. Inrush is generally better controlled at 120V operation, so putting 8 on a circuit at 120V wouldn't worry me.

All this leaves you with 3x 16A circuits left for additional fixtures, or just under 6kW at 120V.

And you might also want to check your month math...
6kW is 4-5x more than the 6 additional ProPars would draw so I'm not worried about adding them.

My month math was a typo.

From what I recall, there are yellow ones, and another color. I know the yellow ones for the VL800 Propars.
Yellow and black male / female connector are true1. Female on cable plugs into male input of fixture, and vice versa for output. Good thing about true1 is they can easily be used like exstension cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back