Video: Doug Fleenor's new dimmer

gafftaper

Senior Team
Senior Team
Fight Leukemia
Doug Fleenor's come up with a rack mountable, 24 channel x 100 watt dimmer. While that sounds a little low power these days, imagine the future possibilities. With 3 or four of these you could power an entire dimable LED rig. Match it up with some LED house lights and you are set to go. It's cool for you crazy high end Christmas light people too.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, there are a number of low-current multi-channel (8-64) DMX dimmers for use in the crazy Christmas lighting world (LOR, Lynx Express, Renard). The big issue is that most of these aren't UL rated and some, like the Lynx line, aren't allowed to be used for any commercial uses by the designer. This year, we are starting to see many RGB LED pixel control devices, and are quickly running into the 512-channel per universe limit.
/mike

To add to that, here is the Doug Fleenor Design spiel at the New Products Breakfast. It includes a small look at our prototype controller, the ColorWheel, as well as our 24 channel dimmer. In typical Doug Fleenor Design fashion, we also highlighted a couple of special moments in the talk.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If you have questions about our products, please let me know or call 888-4-DMX512.

Talk to you soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad my neighbors are low key so I don't have to worry about them using such a slick product for this. Because nothing says "Happy Holidays!" like putting the Christmas lights up at Halloween and leaving them up until Easter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back