Visual Cue Solution

Davetp

I have made this add-on to help my visual cues

When a visual cue comes up I usually stand and look from the balcony I am based on. I usually have to place a finger on the mouse ready to trigger. So I decided I should solder a extra cable into my mouse left click and made it go to a button which I placed on a old peice of plastic as a handle.

Pictures?

Here is a simple view
This is just a prototype

Attachments

• IMAG0527.jpg
    IMAG0527.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 190
I trigger everything using midi, it's cheap, reliable, and easy. Not much more I could ask for. Sometimes I'll be triggering lights and sound on the same computer/controller, in ways that would be impossible with just a mouse and keyboard.

If you want a really sweet go button, pick up one of these, a Teensy 2.0, and an enclosure to put them in. You can set it to emulate a keyboard and press any button you want, and we've never had an issue with the one I made two years ago. Plus, everyone loves a big red button. Also, it beats a mouse-based system because there's never the possibility of the cursor being in the wrong spot.

The teensy can emulate a HID device natively. You just have to select the proper mode when you compile and download your firmware. After that, the computer will recognize it as a standard keyboard. If you want, I can post a .hex file for it already set up for spacebar (or whatever key you want to use).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back