Where to buy ceramic bases??

I am looking to buy several p28s Medium Prefocus Ceramic Bases...

anyone know of a physical store (somewhere other than the internet) that carries these? If not, I'll take suggestions for websites too.

The USHIO Southwestern Regional sales office should be able to help you find a local supplier.

USHIO Sales Office Southwestern Region
6839 North Trailway
Parker, CO 80134
Tel: (303) 805-8535,
Fax: (800) 776-3641

theILLUMINATEDfrog, you're buying a socket. The base is part of the lamp.

If you want a local brick and mortar store, look in your yellow pages under "theatrical lighting" (or Google: theatrical lighting supply, Dallas ). The first hit is Norcostco - Texas Costume.

Last edited:
Specify the Medium Pre-Focus and especially P-28s socket to any electrical supplier or theater supplier (that should stock them) and it might be easy enough to get them - especially from the theater supplier with accounts with companies like Altman, L&E or Times Square.

Leviton for instance makes them and most even electrical supplier dealiers have accounts with Leviton as with some lamp sellers also having accounts with Buhl, Bender and Wurth as with Ushio as main sources and a few more out there. Lamp suppliers that sell Ushio lamps can also get them as with other brands of the socket often. Easy enough to find a supplier locally or on the net for such parts.

A caution in that many if not all modern P-28s sockets are a bit larger than they used to be in O.D.. Could become a problem dependant on your fixture.

(By the way, I still say such sockets most often can be cleaned and don't need replacement. See past posts on doing so. Some what rare I have to replace such a socket.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back