Windows 8 issues with EOS Offline software?

sdauditorium

For our "big" upgrade this budget year, we were able to upgrade our Express 24/48 to an Ion with two fader wings and dual touch screens. To get a leg up before we install the console, I downloaded the EOS family offline software to attempt to familiarize myself. I've tried installing it twice and, other than it running successfully the first time on my laptop, I cannot get it to load.

Has anyone else had issues with the software running on Windows 8 laptops?

Try using "Run as Administrator".

Depending on the version of EOS offline/Nomad are you trying to run it may be necessary. Assuming you get it to run, change the default location for ShowFiles to something that is world-writeable instead of the "Program Files (x86)" directory which is protected.

The version I'm running knows how to handle the increased security of Windows 8.1 when installed. I'm not sure if the fixes are in 2.2.1 though.

Thanks for the info. Instead of the repaired installation, I might just do a complete uninstall and install from scratch.

Hi there, coming to you from ETC! Yes, please do run the program as an Administrator, as sk8rsdad recommends. If you continue to have issues, reply on here and I might be able to walk you through a fix.

Thanks for the help. The most recent time I tried it (after a few shut down/reboot cycles), it loaded no problem. So, I'm hoping I should be good to go. Thanks for the advice.

Speaking of OS issues, We couldn't get Nomad with a dongle to run recently on Mac OSX Yosemite. We spent over an hour on the phone with Victor S. trying to figure it out with no luck. It was seeing the network, but couldn't find the console, and the console couldn't ping the laptop (we were setting it up as a design remote). I finally ran across campus to my office and grabbed my laptop that was running Maverick and it instantly connected. I believe the issue was passed up the chain at ETC, but it never hearts to say it again out loud.

Thanks Bdk! We were playing with Nomad on Mac Yosemite last week. Can you tell me what kind of environment you had set up to output DMX? Also, you had difficulty pinging a laptop; I and one of my co-workers here ran into a similar issue; check your firewall settings, and make sure they are disabled! That fixed one of our issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back