Wireless microphones questions

Datte83

Anyone worked with wireless mics from GTDaudio? How are they? I got 8 bodypacks I like them alot. cheap to buy.

I'll echo Bill. We had a sound designer purchase them and bring them in for a show we had. Despite the fact we had a line on free rental for Sennheiser EW100's for the asking.

They are cheap. the microphones are very sensitive which makes any amplification a problem even in the most benign and friendly of spaces. (of which ours is not) (for this show they only facilitated what i would call "Weak reinforcement"

A cost'/Quality thought for you. Just 2 mic elements for a Sennheiser EW100 series would run you about 300$, and are the most basic element Sennheiser provides. and with the four channel GTD's you are getting 4 "elements" 4 handhelds and receivers. For LIve theater or even any kinda of vocal performance I would not recommend this system. Even the Shure SLX base mic elements are 74$ish a peice.

The mic frequency response is fine for just talking/lecturing, but you put moderate quality singer behind the GTD system and you'll be disappointed.

Another anecdote DON"T PUT the batteries in BACKWARDS. The haven't even thrown in the 1 cent transistor or whatever to prevent your packs from frying themselves when electricity flows the wrong way. "they'll work", batteries in backwards; until they get hot and start cooking your performer and then are dead (the packs, no the performers).

I'd say to look at this system as a tool that "could get the job done" but should be considered an expendable; just like batteries and gaff tape. For their cost if you are buying them instead of renting, the money might be in the GTD favor if you can cope with IMO their quality issues.

The GTD USA website offers absolutely no information about the products. Pictures only. The worldwide site provides barely more. That alone would stop me from buying them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back