Wybron CXI 7160 problems

Hello all,

I recently received a bunch of CXI's waiting to be repaired. I got most of them up and running except 3. All with the same error. Front Gel Too Short. I get this error with no gel on the scroller. I also get this when the tension roller is not connected. I also get a Back gel too short when I swap the front and back control on the circuit board. I fixed a forth that was giving me this problem by centering the encoder wheel back in the assembly. That does not seem to be the problem with the other three.

Does anyone have any experience with this? It feels like it spins freely but when the motor tries to run, it stalls out as if it were at the end of the gel string. What could be causing that kind of friction?

Hello all,

I recently received a bunch of CXI's waiting to be repaired. I got most of them up and running except 3. All with the same error. Front Gel Too Short. I get this error with no gel on the scroller. I also get this when the tension roller is not connected. I also get a Back gel too short when I swap the front and back control on the circuit board. I fixed a forth that was giving me this problem by centering the encoder wheel back in the assembly. That does not seem to be the problem with the other three.

Does anyone have any experience with this? It feels like it spins freely but when the motor tries to run, it stalls out as if it were at the end of the gel string. What could be causing that kind of friction?

The CXI needs to run a certain number of counts on the encoder or it trips the short string error. If the roller moves freely but the motor won't drive it, then it is probably a bad motor. A good motor will measure between 35 and 45 ohms resistance, if it is higher the motor has burned windings. New motors are available online at http://www.wybron-scroller-parts.com/. Let me know if I can help with further trouble shooting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back