X-Keys for ETC Ion

Hi. I just bought a used x-keys 58 to use mainly for Ion Offline (maybe expanding to Nomad down the line) I know that ETC offers a profile to program the device, but what if I want to customize it? How would I go about doing that?

Thanks!

One key to understanding how to use X-Key devices is to know that the device stores what are essentially console keyboard shortcuts into the memory of the device. So you will also need the Eos keyboard shortcut document.

You then use the X-Key software alongside Nomad to record desired keystrokes onto the X-Key buttons. The X-Key device then plugs to a USB port on the console to run its recorded keystrokes, which can be whatever keystrokes the console can execute.

Thanks! Can I only do the re-config through the windows version of the software? I'm a Mac user - but I have Parrallels - so if I reconfig in windows, will the keypad work properly on the Mac side?

Thanks

I've no clue, but suspect Macroworks will run in Parallels, as I believe others have done this.

I'd be running a post on the Facebook Eos Programmers page, Id bet there are Mac users there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back