Yay EOS 2.3 is Awesome, Now...Some OSC Help

TheTheaterGeek

EOS Addict
Premium Member
Fight Leukemia
I have been working on triggering Ion with Qlab, and Im hitting a lot of snags.

So this is weird, I got them talking kinda, but the only way to get the message to send is to hit the send message button twice rapid fire. Same with cues. If i want to put channel 1 at full, i need to have

1. /eos/chan/1 (auto-follow)
1.5 /eos/chan/1 (auto-follow)
2. eos/at/full

Did I break the universe?

I have been working on triggering Ion with Qlab, and Im hitting a lot of snags.

So this is weird, I got them talking kinda, but the only way to get the message to send is to hit the send message button twice rapid fire. Same with cues. If i want to put channel 1 at full, i need to have

2. eos/at/full

Did I break the universe?
Hi Clay,

I'm not seeing this on my machine running both QLab and Nomad (Mac, 2.3.0). Are you seeing all three of the messages in the diagnostics display or just the two?

Hi Clay,

I'm not seeing this on my machine running both QLab and Nomad (Mac, 2.3.0). Are you seeing all three of the messages in the diagnostics display or just the two?

So it is weird. In the OSC router software I have a clear in and out of the message from port 5001 to 8001 just really so I can see the traffic.
Problem happens whether I am routing the signal or not.

I see a clear In command of "[ 18:13:19 ] IN [:53001] [OSC Packet] /eos/chan/1/at/out" and a clear out message of "[ 18:13:19 ] OUT [10.101.50.1:8001] [OSC Packet] /eos/chan/1/at/out"

But the console does not react. No change and no message in diagnostics.

If I spam the send message button on Qlab, I get a clear in and out from the routing software every time, but the console only gets one out of every 5 or so commands(no pattern, sometimes it gets 3 in a row, but most of the time nothing.)

Why is there a breakdown in communication,
I have switched cables, both with a crossover(The TD's suggestion) and without,
I have tried changing ip addresses, and am about to try switching up the ports Im using.

Im truly baffled.

2. eos/at/full

To clarify, These were the qlab cues I used. Kinda fixed the issue but nor really. I cant depend on it.

So im working on getting OSC to work and have gotten close.

The real bummer is that i cant get MSC to work at all. I know im communicating, MTC works fine. I cant seem to get the console to do anything with MSC though.

How do you troubleshoot MSC if MTC is working?

Last edited:
Verify your setup: MSC Receive is enabled, MSC Receive channel is set. {Setup}->{Showw}-{Show Control}

Make sure Qlab is sending using the same channel.Open Tab 99 (diagnostics) and see if anything is being received (0-126)
Use Go, Stop, Resume, Set, or Fire commands. Try a simple Go with no cue list or cue specified. It should trigger a go in the default cue list.
Set and Fire are limited to subs 1-127.

When in doubt, consult the Eos Family Show Control User Guide.

Still didn't work. I was told there was a special midi license of qlab. That doesn't sound familiar to me but I might be wrong.

MIDI is enabled with any of the paid licenses according to this page.
IS that the case for 2 as well?

I cant seem to make this work. it is getting really frustrating, nothing i do seems to make any change. Different USB to midi cables, sys ex and midi messages, nothing at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back