As part of its commitment to enhancing public safety, NFPA makes its codes and standards available online to the public for free. Online access to NFPA's consensus documents conveniently places important safety information on the desktops of traditional users as well as others who have a keen interest. NFPA is committed to serving the public's increasing interest in technical information, and online access to these key codes is a valuable resource.
To review codes and standards online:
- View the list of NFPA's codes and standards.
- Select the document you want to review.
- Select the edition of the document you want to review.
- Click the "Free access" link (under the document title)
- You will be asked to "sign-in" or create a profile to access the document in read-only format.
Can the codes and standards be downloaded or printed?
The link is to a read-only site—documents cannot be downloaded or printed, because NFPA relies on the revenues from people who want to own their own copies to fund the mission of NFPA. But for users who need to familiarize themselves with a code or check a requirement, this kind of access is invaluable.