01v96 external control surface?

jkowtko

I thought this was mentioned in a thread a year or so ago, but I can't find it --

Is there any way to get an external fader control surface, such as the Behringer BCF2000, working with the 01v96, either directly or via Studio Manager?

This would be a far less expensive option than cascading another 01v96.

I've also thought of touch-sensitive screen for the PC, but a real control surface seems like it would be much better.

Thanks. john

I'd actually just like to control one or more of the fader layers of the board without having to switch fader banks. Just the fader level at a minimum.

Last edited:
You can use the Behringer MIDI surface, but then you only have the ability to grab 8 faders.

If you need to be actively using more than one bank at a time it may be time to buy a bigger desk, like an LS9-32.

Philip, that is the $2k fallback solution, and it's possible that one of the fellow dads that I'm tag-teaming with may buy his own 01v96 (he really got hooked on what mine can do compared to his MixWizard). Beyond that, the only bigger desk options are much more than $2k additional.

For under $200, the BCF2000 seems to give you a nice expansion for a price you can't refuse. Eight faders, an additional 8 rotary encoders for aux masters and stereo returns, and 16 on/off buttons for who knows what. And I assume I can daisy-chain multiple units.

That is, IF this will all work with the 01v96 ... and I'd still like to have Studio Mgr running at the same time.

I have some learning to do on MIDI -- never used it before and it seems a bit messy at first glance. I would appreciate some words of advice or caution from someone whose done this before.

Thanks. John

I have some learning to do on MIDI -- never used it before and it seems a bit messy at first glance. I would appreciate some words of advice or caution from someone whose done this before.

If MIDI is an option, and you have a spare laptop laying around, check out Chris Hubbard's very excellent MIDI control application Palladium. It is a full featured application that will allow control over not only your console, but also playback applications, effects processing, etc... I am not directly affiliated with Chris or CH Sound Design, but am a very satisfied user of of both Palladium and Mic Plot.

Best,
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back