1:1 patch: Do you use it?

What type of patch do you use?

• Total voters
Let me start with I don't use movers.... (just hadn't really had the opportunity for the budget to rent).

That being said, I hardly EVER use a 1:1 patch. When Patching I defiantly go Zone with it.

For instance, if I was doing a stage wash with four point lighting into say nine areas, and had two colors going into each area, The first color would be something like CHN 31-40, and the second CHN41-50. I would than record them as groups three and four.. (3 for 31-40, and 4 for 41-50). I would than record those groups into subs 3 and four for fun.

That way when I want one color wash I can bring up one sub, group, or channels 31-40. Channels 31 and 41 would be two colors, from the same angle to the same focus point. same with 32 and 42, 33 and 43 and so forth.

Hope that Helps.

Let me start with I don't use movers.... (just hadn't really had the opportunity for the budget to rent).

That being said, I hardly EVER use a 1:1 patch. When Patching I defiantly go Zone with it.

For instance, if I was doing a stage wash with four point lighting into say nine areas, and had two colors going into each area, The first color would be something like CHN 31-40, and the second CHN41-50. I would than record them as groups three and four.. (3 for 31-40, and 4 for 41-50). I would than record those groups into subs 3 and four for fun.

That way when I want one color wash I can bring up one sub, group, or channels 31-40. Channels 31 and 41 would be two colors, from the same angle to the same focus point. same with 32 and 42, 33 and 43 and so forth.

Hope that Helps.

...This only covers two out of the four points of the four point lighting, but you would just repeat the process for the other angles.

I have only ever programmed with a 1:1 (first year as a high school LD), but I have seen it done in some spaces with a zone patch, and that is what my most likely plan of attack is for the show I will be teching in about 1 week.

A zone patch is just what makes the most sense to me as a person who works in a space with only conventionals, and I think it will be helpful to have all the specials, cyc washes, etc. all together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back