Wireless $1000 Rebate from Shure

lieperjp

From Stage Directions:

Shure Reveals 700 MHz Rebate Program
Dec 02, 2008

NILES, Ill. — Shure Incorporated has announced a rebate program of up to $1,000 for the trade-in of Shure 700 MHz frequency band (698-806 MHz) wireless systems and other related components purchased before Feb. 1, 2007, and for any other manufacturers’ qualifying 700-MHz frequency band wireless systems and their related components.
“Our number one priority is to provide our customers with the highest quality products, service, and support,” said Al Hershner, vice president and general manager of the Shure U.S Business Unit. “We’ve known for some time that the ‘700 MHz band’ would be reallocated for new services following the DTV transition on Feb. 18, 2009. Although a final decision from the FCC is still pending, we felt the need to assure our customers now that we will take care of them regardless of the outcome.”

Customers can submit their rebate forms with the purchase of the following new replacement products: UHF-R, ULX, MX690/SLX4L, PSM700 (H3, L2 bands) and PGX.

For a complete summary of the terms and conditions of this rebate program, to learn which products are eligible for the rebate program and to obtain a rebate form, customers can visit the Shure website at Shure - Rebates.

“There has been a great deal of confusion for wireless microphone users regarding the political and technological developments surrounding the DTV transition and the 700-MHz auction over the past few years,” added Hershner. “As always, Shure has a team of sales, customer service and technical support staff available to answer any questions people might have about this rebate program or their products.”

Related Website and Form here.

Note: Posted in the Audio forum so that more people see it, and not in the news section.

Sounds like a good deal, but I don't see my SC series (Shure) wireless systems listed as a qualifying product and I just purchased 10 ULX systems about 9 months ago. ::sigh::

So technically, I should be able to buy 10 systems of uhf from ebay, then trade them in? Or do i have to have proof of purchase and crap like that?

It sounds like the most you can get is $1000, so you could buy two mics for a low cost. Or get one for free, or at least free plus shipping.

Several of the wireless manufacturers have identified either rebates for replacement purchases or the process to have existing units modified:

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/media/pdfFiles/Pro_700MHz_Range_Rebate.pdf

http://www.lectrosonics.com/PressReleases/whitespace/Block change price list short version.pdf

Sony | Product Catalog - Pro Audio

Blah, it apparently depends on the rebate offer specifics. They all have some limitations. For example, Sennheiser apparently pro-rates the rebate based on the original date of purchase, so you get a minimum rebate without any original purchase documentation. And Shure requires that the devices being traded are in good working order and if it is a Shure product being traded in it must have been purchased prior to February 1, 2007. And in all cases I think you have to provide proof of purchase of the new system(s) or components purchased (it is a rebate on new systems and not buying back old systems), the items being traded in have to be 700MHz systems (no VHF systems or non-700MHz UHF systems) and you have to send in the old system(s) or components. So say you purchase a new ULXP system and then buy something on e-Bay to trade in, the best you could do would apparently be $100 minus the e-Bay cost and shipping for the 700MHz unit being traded in minus what it costs you to ship that unit to Shure.

Anywhere where I can trade in 6 SC transmitters and receivers?
Can't really tell if this is a serious question or tongue in cheek.

The programs being offered are rebates or special pricing for replacement of existing 700MHz UHF systems and devices. They are intended to help those who have to replace wireless microphone systems and devices operating in the 698MHz to 806MHz range due to recent FCC rulings that will prohibit operation in that frequency range by such system as of February 18, 2009 (I believe it is the 18th).

Many manufacturers who offered 700MHz systems or devices that can effectively be retuned are offering special pricing for that service. For products where retuning is not an effective option some manufacturers are offering a program where if you buy a new qualifying replacement system or component from an authorized dealer, then by returning your old 700MHz units that you are having to replace to the manufacturer along with proof of purchase of the replacement system or components you can then receive some credit in the form of a rebate.

As the Shure SC systems are VHF systems, they do not qualify for any of these programs. If you really want to get rid of them then maybe try e-Bay, craigslist or some other resource.

ha! my school district will be happy to hear the FCC is actually banning the use of our wireless sennheiser mics

Do they operate in the 700 MHz portion of the band?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back