1080p Logo Intro

dvsDave

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Senior Team
CB Mods
Fight Leukemia
So, I'm putting out a call to help CB build a new video logo intro. I want an animated one we can use for Youtube videos that we upload from LDI.

Here's a sample idea I did in after effects. It's not great, this was literally my first attempt at after effects.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

But, if you are interested, let me know and I'll get you the logo to play with.

I agree on the timing. Intros need to be short, especially on the 2-5 minute videos that are normally uploaded for here.

I agree on the timing. Intros need to be short, especially on the 2-5 minute videos that are normally uploaded for here.
And include 5 seconds of sound along with it so observers can adjust their levels BEFORE the main event hits.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

Sound will be added, already have a soundtrack, this was just a fast and dirty render. Unfortunately I was using a trial version of that particle generator so it has that red X through the video. This was literally the first thing I've ever done with After Effects.

I joked on Facebook I was staring at my screen and getting angry and stressed out... only I was using After Effects and skipping the debate.

For an alternative concept. How about a beam of light moving around showing parts of the logo, then I rising to full to see the whole thing?

It would be fun to show console commands at the bottom of the screen to trigger the "lights" in the scene.

Frankly, my editing ability has been rudimentary so far. After four long years, I finally replaced my laptop with a new machine capable of cranking through video work (it's an asus with an Nvidia 1070 graphics chip with 8gigs of video ram)

So, I'll be able to post videos, much much faster, hopefully even from the show floor!

I've also traded in my Panasonic G7 for a new OSMO+ that arrives later this week. Hopefully this will allow us to get much better, smoother video.

Sigh

You are completely and entirely correct. Thanks for the correction
Don't sweat it John. The only folks around here who're running error free are folks no longer doing it whatever their 'it' may have once been. I believe we have several frequenting here who're quite certain of their perfection and I likely don't need to point any of them out to you. In my experience, no matter what I do, if I do it long enough, at some point I'll have a bad day and blow it completely out of the water. The trick then becomes successfully putting it behind you and getting back to running error free.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

Don't sweat it John. The only folks around here who're running error free are folks no longer doing it whatever their 'it' may have once been. I believe we have several frequenting here who're quite certain of their perfection and I likely don't need to point any of them out to you. In my experience, no matter what I do, if I do it long enough, at some point I'll have a bad day and blow it completely out of the water. The trick then becomes successfully putting it behind you and getting back to running error free.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.
Ron

I sweat just about nothing at this stage of my life. But I do appreciate it when those around me point out when I make a mistake

Since other opening titles were mentioned, my favorite:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Created by Maurice Binder who was most famous for most of the James Bond opening titles.

Would love to see Dave recreate that. Maybe holding a S4 or an FL tube light.

With CB In he back obviously.

As an alternative how about using one thousand and eighty Lego pieces, then you would have a "1080 pc 1080 p Lego Logo"

"Lights 1 Go", actually. :)

I have a bunch of ideas in my head, but I'm even weaker with AE than Dave is.

I would recommend, though, that a fixed choice of music stinger be used. I have about 300 CDs of production music, some of which is buyout and hence suitable for this usage, if you'd like me to dig a little.

How long til the show?

What's the information for the font.

Type
Size
Color in Hex

I will see what I can do tonight after the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back