Wireless 12-channel Sennheiser system...How?

nickwec

So, as the FOH engineer for my school's winter production of Urinetown, I've also been given the responsibility of coordinating all our RF. We have a sennheiser system with two paddle antennas mounted atop the booth which are fed thru an ASA1 splitter into our 4 permanently mounted receivers. Currently, I also have two other sets of 4 to work with...one of them is from a rental company, fed thru another ASA1. I also have one more rack of 4 that is fed thru an ASP2 (older splitter...).

I was hoping to be able to provide RF for all the splitters with only our 2 paddle antennas. Currently my plan is to split out of the main splitter in the booth into the other splitters at the FOH position. Is this possible?
Any input would be useful. It's also helpful to note that the antennas cannot be moved and I have only 2 runs of RG-58 BNC to work with. Certainly in a pinch...thanks for the help!

Do you have antennas for the FOH racks? Are you having reception issues with them that would be solved by moving to using the paddle antennas? How far away is FOH from where the transmitters are?

Are the paddle antennas suitable for the bands the other two racks operate in? What about any amplifers that may be prior to the active distribution unit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back