12-Circuit Multicable

zackt

I've just taken all of my 12-circuit mult out of commission, and I'm trying to figure out what to do with it. It's all in mostly working order, and I have a lot of it, and all the break outs (except one missing), but none of the break-ins (we had a L86 with multicable ins). So I figured I'd put it to the board to see if anyone knows places that are interested in 12-circuit mult. Or should I just be trying to sell it for copper? I'd love for it to find it's way to someone who would put it to good use, but I'd also like to get something for it.

I know this might be better placed in the classified pages, but it's not per se a classified, and I don't have enough posts to qualify there (long time lurker)... So, I apologize if that makes folks unhappy.

--Zack

Without break-ins its limited to someone who wants to put ends on. I have a feeling you might get more out of the copper than to have to ship it and sell it as is to someone either here or on ebay. I'm not sure the prices on copper but it has been steadily increasing the last few years.

I know a theatre in upstate New York that might be interested. Same questions as avkid had.

I've got:

-6 100' 12 Circuit Mults, they're the Pyle 37-Pin, discrete Hot/Neutral/Ground kind, pretty sure we're talking 12ga, 20a rated.

-5 Stage Pin breakouts -- Appx. 10' long tails.

-2 really burnt break-ins (all the rubber is brittle and breaking), that I'm almost certain to scrap for connectors and copper, but the Pyle connectors are in decent shape if someone was really going to look into this wiring project.

We're scrapping a bunch of other copper, and found the best price around here (NYC) to be $3.15/lb for insulated copper wire.

... but the Pyle connectors are in decent shape if someone was really going to look into this wiring project.

Don't forget that to re-wire those Pyle Star-line connectors, you will need:

--36 new pins or sockets per connector (I'm guessing $5 each in 2011)
--A pin remover (probably $25)
--A pin inserter (probably $50)
--A four-point crimper (probably $250)

Don't even think of doing this without replacing the pins.

It would probably be cheaper in the long run to scrap the cables and use the proceeds to help fund some standard 6-circuit, 19-pin Socapex-compatible multicables.

ST

My guess is that Steve just listed some of the reasons why rental shops got rid of their 12 circuit cable many years ago.

Do be careful.

David

I'm definitely interested in 2 of the 100' as well as 2 break outs. And if you would throw in the 2 bad breakups cheap possibly those too. How much for all the above and how much for just two breakouts.
Thanks, Aaron

Users who are viewing this thread

Back