2 Blizzard Kaptivator Lazer units 4 sale

flyweed

Hey all.....Ok, just purchased 2 of the Blizzard Kaptivator RGB 3D Lazer units this past November. THought they would be something I'd use more, but after playing around with them a few times, I found they are something I just won't use very much in my inventory. They are still in their original boxes, and have LESS than 15 minutes TOTAL run time on them....They have DMX in and out. They are great, and bright units. Just not my cup of tea.

I paid $322 a piece for them, and will take $275 a piece, plus shipping. I'd like to sell them together if possible. Like I said, they are basically brand new. I contacted the company I purchase from to just return them, but since it was longer than 30 days, they wouldn't take them back.

My loss, is your gain.

you can see video of them in action here:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

PM me if interested.

you need NO special variances or permits to use these. Taken directly from Blizzard:
• Complies with US FDA CDRH laser safety standards 21 CFR 1040.10, 1040.11

Wow..really surprised nobody is buying these. They are really nice units, nice and bright, and do some really great fx in a hazed theatre environment. I'll drop the price one more time...$250 each.

240 is as low as I can go..I'm already taking a $140 HIT at that price. I am really surprise nobody is wanting them. They are really nice units, just nothing I'm going to use here in my facility.

240 is as low as I can go..I'm already taking a $140 HIT at that price. I am really surprise nobody is wanting them. They are really nice units, just nothing I'm going to use here in my facility.
I get the feeling more people here are theater based than DJ or light show based. You might have better luck on ebay, or another forum.

That is surprising..... To produce the effect in the video a laser would have to be of a power to require an variance..
I believe the actual laser diodes in the device are much higher than the allowed limit. However, they don't measure the diode's output direct. They measure the device.
Each beam as it exits the device is moving so fast it is just as safe as a 5mw laser. I believe that's how it works.
That's why there's no function to stop movement and just have a single beam output on the unit, it's either on and moving or off.

Any chance these are still avail? (Looking for a pair of RGB lasers that can work well in stand-alone or master-slave in audio mode, for occasional rental use)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back