Design 2u/4u Road Case With Clamp

spacecraft

I wanted to know if anyone knew of a 2u or 4u rack road case which could be flown. The application would be a data splitter, or power distribution. Is there a preexisting case or simple modification that can be done to a road case so it can accept a pipe clamp safely?

Thank You

Some splitters have mounting holes that are big enough to slip a safety through. I've never seen a splitter with a clamp-sized hole, nor have I seen any case with mounting hardware. Sometimes I see rack dimmers flown, but not often. I would imagine that one could be made, but you'd still need to safety the equipment inside the rack as well as the box itself.

Good Morning
At least 2 companies I know of sell optos made for truss mount

Pathway has an adaptor kit & elation has a unique housing w/ straps.

I've seen a few distro units designed to be flown via half cheeseboroughs, but none of them are in 2U cases. Does everthing need to be in a single case, or would multiple items work?

Most distro and host control makers make or have in mind at this point truss mounted distros at this point. Believe me it's been a hard road in getting there... and cost a lot of money in ratchet straps ratcheting down on rubber parts with plastic ones under. And there was some interesting conversations about how well the racks work for the military.... yet fail upon a truss.

None the less, this is more a ask type of thing for who is doing it, than a who hasn't been asked to figure this out before. Most suppliers I suspect have figured out this problem by now for even larger and more difficult racks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back