I did a show in college called Langston by Bussie Davis. The set won a Kennedy Award nomination for design. I was the ATD and let us say that the Scene Designer was a little late on the design. I got the elevations on the first day of build! Well they wanted a 3-D concrete block look. I tried my best to make it a painter’s problem, but to no avail. SO I came up with using our router to groove 4x8 panels of blue foam. We labeled and alternated the sheets on the vertical mortar line so two panels together would match perfectly. P.s. We were short on the budget so the painters had to do a 1/2 paint 1/2 white glue, with a little water added in order to base coat the foam. So in a way it was still a painter’s problem.