3 Pin SMPTE Out on Strand SubPallete

gabe

Hey there,
I just did a lighting demo that I sync'd to music via the awsome "SMPTE learn mode" on the new strand board we have. Unfortunately it was a bit hard to do because I had to yell to the sound tech "3, 2, 1, play!" and hit play on the console at the same time. So is there anyway to get an audio out from that console so I can use the built in media player? Or is there anyway to make use of the 3 pin SMPTE jacks in the optional card with our Yamaha LS9-32 sound board?

Well, I can't find much about SMPTE in either the User Manual or Installaition Manual from Strand's site, so my advice is a shot in the dark, FWIW.

I've never seen a "SMPTE Out" on a lightboard. SMPTE usually comes from the audio or video dept., either out of their computer or on one track of a CD/DVD. This plugs into "SMPTE in" on the lightboard. The lightboard is put into "run" mode, and when audio rolls, the lightboard chases to SMPTE.

I think the best advice is to give your local Strand person a call on the 26th, as there's only one other user of the Palette series that we now of here on Control Booth. You might want to peruse this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back