steiny

I am looking to use a different visualizer. I used to use Martin Show Designer but I can't stand it anymore. I have been looking a Wysiwig ,LD Assistant, and Capture mainly because of their capabilities to do the special effects. I work heavily with special effects on top of my lighting so that is just about a must. I work on avolite and Grand MA boards. Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

What do you mean by special effects? It might help pare down the options. For instance, Capture doesn't do reflective surfaces like mirror balls so if you absolutely have to have an accurate visualization of a mirror ball it's off your list.

I know that about avolites but for the past 3 months everytime I contact them I get the response, "by the end of the month."

I just ordered a copy of capture, it looked like the best combination of value and performance. I really like how it does paperwork and the visualization is high enough quality for my needs.

Also, Avo just announced a release date for v10, June 28th! In the meanwhile you can mess with the student version!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back