Control/Dimming 4 Head LED LASER - Need Help Translating instructions

gregort

I just received 2 New 115-Crossfire fixtures by StageApe from Cheaplights.com (LED Effects @StageApe.com). I know, I know, but they were cheap. The insructions that came with the fixtures are horrible and of course no one at Cheaplights can help. Additionally, the instuctions don't seem to match what is listed on StageApe's site. The fixtures I received appears to be 4 channel (not 7 or 13 as noted @ StageApe.com). All I need to do is...
1. Set the DMX Address (I know 10 needs to be "ON" but when I set the address, e.g., 60 I get random light patterns.
2. Understand if this is really a 4-Channel Fixture.
3. Figure out where LAMP "ON" and "OFF" are located. At this point I don't care what the lights do as long as they respond to a "Black Out" command.

See the attached 1 Page Manual I received with the Fixtures. It's a good laugh at least.

I have setup many profiles for fixtures before but this one has me stumped. I have looked at other products that are simular like the REVO Xpress but have had no success. I use Freestyler.

Thanks, Greg

Attachments

• 115-CROSSFIRE Manual.pdf
    22.6 KB · Views: 359
For your first problem of addressing them, try reversing various sets of switches. I bought some StageApe LED PARs last summer, and had the same problem. I'm 1500 miles from them at the moment, so I can't check, but if I remember correctly, the DIP switches were wired or labeled backwards, so that when a switch was set to "off," it was actually on. Now, I seem to remember that there was another issue as well, such as switch 10 being labeled correctly, or maybe 1-10 was actually 10-1, or something like that. I recommend just playing with the switches for a while and eventually you will find the right combination.

Good luck!

Just keep in mind that you cannot open the electricity...

Pretty sad that the seller can't help you. But I digress. Do you have a two-scene or even a one scene controller you can connect to it? Try connecting that to ONE fixture, and run the faders up and sown slowly one at a time. If you get nothing, try some combinations until you get something. You may have to diagnose all the traits yourself. One of the side effects of buying low priced products.

Pretty sad that the seller can't help you. But I digress. Do you have a two-scene or even a one scene controller you can connect to it? Try connecting that to ONE fixture, and run the faders up and sown slowly one at a time. If you get nothing, try some combinations until you get something. You may have to diagnose all the traits yourself. One of the side effects of buying low priced products.

I have tried this and no luck. The company is finally working with me after I launched a BBB complaint. They can't figure out the issue either. They claim their shipment of product is far different than what they usually get (4 channel units vs. 7 or 13). I have gone through all my steps with them and they will continue to troubleshoot. Thanks, Greg

I want to know what switch you have to set to activate the "self-propelled" feature. And were does it propel it self to? Off the truss and on to the patrons?

Just watch the temp specs - it's only rated for operating between 200 and 400 degrees Celsius...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back