4ch dimmer/consoles

DMX512

:D Can people pls tell me the best brands in portable 4ch dimmer/consoles pls :D
8O
i already got 4 jands 4paks c edition and there great but i was thinking is there better :evil: :evil:

It depends upon what you want it for. If it is purely for use as a dimmer then I would stick with Jands. The 4pac is an industry work horse and the newer versions are even better than the older ones.

If you want something that does sound to light and has some inbuilt chases etc, Geni DA-406 is worth looking at. I have the same unit made by another company (which is not available any more). It is essentially the same thing as the one now made by Geni.

Call a couple of local hire companies and chat to them as this sort of thing would be a fairly stock item for DJ’s and party hires.

thanks for that i was looking for something with a few inbuilt chases and sound to light

i had a look at it and its got other country plugs i need somthink australian

Yes - mine actually has European sockets on it but it came with adaptor leads (about 20cm long). If you purchase one in Australia it will either have been fitted with Australian sockets or will come with adaptors.

I cannot recall who distributes Geni products in Australia but I would imagine you should be able to find that info pretty quickly. It is well worth making a call to them (if none of your local stores sells Geni).

Mayhem said:
Yes - mine actually has European sockets on it but it came with adaptor leads (about 20cm long). If you purchase one in Australia it will either have been fitted with Australian sockets or will come with adaptors.
I cannot recall who distributes Geni products in Australia but I would imagine you should be able to find that info pretty quickly. It is well worth making a call to them (if none of your local stores sells Geni).

Geni gear is distributed via wholesaler Showtech www.showtech.com.au ... they have an office in Sydney, not sure about Brissie, but I am sure their sales team could put you in touch with one of their retail outlets in Brissy.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Thanks for that beam. I had actually forgotten to check up on this.

DMX - go to their site and they list them GENCON006 They are using frames so the link will only open the frame that show the product but it is quicker than searching the pages!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back