The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!


Discussion in 'Wiki' started by derekleffew, Apr 18, 2009.

  1. derekleffew

    derekleffew Resident Curmudgeon Senior Team Premium Member

    Likes Received:
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    1. Standard type of electrical service: 120Y/208VAC, 3Ø, Wye-connected, that is often referred to as a "five-wire service" in entertainment lighting systems. Contains a Grounding conductor, Neutral (the grounded conductor), Phase A, Phase B, and Phase C. "Five wire service" seems to have been transferred from "five wire feeder set" when referring to the group of portable feeder cables required to feed a piece of equipment with this type of service.

    In code-speak or in the electrical industry, this type of service is not referred to as "five-wire" (since technically there is no such thing), but rather the more technically correct " three-phase, four-wire plus ground ". "Five wire" will only confuse an electrical contractor or engineer.

    2. Video. Multi-cable carrying RGBHV signal.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2009

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice