A big thumbs up to Steve Terry and ETC!

gafftaper

Senior Team
Senior Team
Fight Leukemia
I've purchased a lot of lighting instruments from ETC this last year. When the final shipment of S4PARs arrived one had a little problem. Somebody at the factory forgot to put the two bolts on that secure the yoke to the instrument. :oops: Not sure whom to contact I sent a P.M. to our CB friend Steve Terry explaining what was wrong. We traded a couple of P.M.'s about the purchase and where it was from that afternoon and he said he would take care of it. The next morning I got a phone call at home from ETC at 8am sharp confirming where to ship my bolts. I'm not exactly sure how he even got my phone number. He asked when I needed them offering to ship overnight. I was in no hurry but I still received everything in 4 working days.

We are only talking about a couple of grade 5 bolts that although not stocked at Lowes, I could have driven down to the local supply house and found for less than a buck each. If it was any other company, I would have expected a reaction to my initial message of why are you wasting my time with this tiny complaint... if I got a response at all. Steve's reaction... "How embarrassing... I'm mobilizing the troops". Once again you have shown that you are one of the classiest companies in the industry. Thanks Steve and ETC... you guys rock!

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting to hear back from my local dealer about purchasing a Lightronics ERS.:(

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting to hear back from my local dealer about purchasing a Lightronics ERS.:(

That's funny, I asked for a gobo holder dimension in February (not anticipating an answer), and am confidant it will not be handled.

So there you go-

ETC is by far the best company out there. We were interested in purchasing the EOS and ION as part of our upgrade this summer. I sent a few emails out asking for some cutsheets and random info. Right away I received another email back from them about a better idea. Their idea was that a month later we had an EOS and an ION in our shop along with a product demo. Living in Montana, that is a big commitment.

Now I'm proud to say that we will be getting our brand new EOS and two brand new IONs sometime this month (considering our console training that comes with the EOS is scheduled on July 31st). The Montana Rep is now also looking into getting an ION for their national tour console because of that visit.

It's good to know our market is handled by a caring company with gifted people. Great products with super support!

We appreciate the friendship of Laura, Ellen, Erik, Rosie, and all the rest of the marketing crew setting up at the countless tradeshows as well. We could all learn something of customer support from this bunch-

ETC support is, as always, award winning. We had a problem with our ETC Expression about two weeks ago, but we quickly received a shop loaner, and nothing was pushed off schedule.

ETC defines class. We had a Unison CMd that blew itself up and started strobing the entire dimmer rack. In the time we waited for that to be inspected, replaced, and paid for, ETC sent out a loaner CMd for the meanwhile and we were allowed to ship that back to them at our convenience.

I was also at the Corp HQ last summer and the field project manager, Spencer Lyons, gave me not only the demo on some equipment we were interested in, but then bought me lunch, gave me a full tour, bought me a shirt, and then offered to bring us a few different consoles to demo on site if we were ever interested. He even went as far as to say he would've given me an EOS or Congo to use for a few weeks to use on a special outdoor gig if all of his weren't already out and about with other groups.

ETC has great tech support when you're on a gig. 24/7. you will always get a call back and they always know exactly how to help you. very cool. their tech support number is 800 444 8825, it's been programmed into my cell phone for years.

peace, and howdy folks.

Tim Olson

I never even thought about putting that in my phone, but it seems like an awesome idea so I just threw it into my phone now just in case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back