A big welcome to our newest member!!!!!!!!

producer

Well, not quite yet. He still needs to activate his account but everyone say hello to "12yearoldlightingdesigner"!!!!!!!!!!!! He may be young but who cares.

Well - I will say welcome in advance for when he signs on.

Age is not important here. All that is important is the sharing of ideas and learning from each other.

Remember - there is no such thing as a stupid question.

Mayhem said:
Remember - there is no such thing as a stupid question.

Not quite true, the only stupid question is the one not asked.

Anyway, welcome in advanced!

haha meyhem and Zac, i have to disagree, actors do occasionally ask questions! :roll: :twisted:

ccfan213 said:
haha meyhem and Zac, i have to disagree, actors do occasionally ask questions! :roll: :twisted:

Well, yes, that is very true.

Of corse, would you rather then be like normal actors and just go touch stuff in the booth (happened to me about 2 weeks ago at a theater with an adult cast, but thats a story for another time).

speaking of touching things, i have a concert on tuesday, and last year one of the musicians kept increasing the volume on his channel when i stepped outta the booth, hope he doesnt do it again... but back to the topic of stupid actors, yea i hate when they play with stuff, especially when its followed by "what does this do?" or "oops, i didnt do it" :evil:

Hi Everybody!

Wow! What a site! This is GREAT! I would like to thank first off, producer, who guided me to this site and has been my friend for a couple of years now. Yes, I also attend the same school as Producer, as go to the same church. There, we work with the some-what ancient intellabeams. But don't hold that against me, I really enjoy working with them, and I have been crazy over them ever scince I first saw them in grade one at an assembly. Unfortunatly, they are getting old, and breaking down. And even though our church would never be able to afford new intelligent lighting, out of curiosity, where is the best deal to get used or refurbished minimacs? And remember here, I am canadian, so I'd PREFER, not dislike, information avalible to canada, and in canadian funds. Just another thing.....MAC'S ALL THE WAY! And I mean the Apple Mac, and the Martin Mac! THINK DIFFRENT! :D

lol sorry[/quote]

Thick skins and a sense of fun is good. Nothing is presented mean spirited. I'm somewhat old with a few more grey hairs noted every day and was not raised on such language in general public thus my citing it in keeping things civil as it were. I post such things myself at times but as part of a point and not the point, much less the overwhelming majority of many points. In any case, we all have our own styles and if that's how you might be thought of as speaking to friends, that's how you should than in what makes you comfortable.

What's a hooty? Must be getting old.

Welcome to the forum by the way.

Not sure if it's still in style but to show what a stick in the mud I am, when I see people walking around with their pants falling down, I note to them and such people usually reach to pull them up out of instinct before they realize that it's a bad style statement and they are intending to have their pants falling down it because it's cool. Always funny to see them reach down to pull up their pants when caught off guard, than suddenly stop doing so. Good way to make me laugh is at these times. I usually offer them some tie line for the pants later and call them "Jethro" until they get the point.

P.S. Nothing wrong with ancient Intellibeams. It's a good sound moving light platform to learn from. You are right to take pride in having them.

Thanks :D I really enjoy them too. I just hope in the near future we will still be able to use them!

P.S. About the pants: I completely agree with you, I myself scof at those who do such! And thats no sarcasm!

ship said:
Not sure if it's still in style but to show what a stick in the mud I am, when I see people walking around with their pants falling down, I note to them and such people usually reach to pull them up out of instinct before they realize that it's a bad style statement and they are intending to have their pants falling down it because it's cool. Always funny to see them reach down to pull up their pants when caught off guard, than suddenly stop doing so. Good way to make me laugh is at these times. I usually offer them some tie line for the pants later and call them "Jethro" until they get the point.

Perhaps they are apprentice Plumbers? Not sure if it is the same over there, but here almost all plumbers will be showing a fair amount of butt crack. 8O

It’s a pity, as I did want to be a plumber once. However, it turned out to be just a pipe dream.

Speakining of the apprentice, it's on tonight where I live! :D

A local tool supply store to me used to sell a product called "butt crack spackle." It was available in one quart buckets or 10oz cauking tubes. Yep I once bought a can of it and gave it away. What a great marketing scheme!

On the other hand, and by this time had I been a very senior carpenter by now, I will have spackled the rear with no stopping me by now. Much given the chance over the years, never much after that but it's coming that I will spackle someone's rear. Remember that the more they chase after you afterwards, the more the spackle or plaster does mission creep by way of gravity. Anyone brave enough to spackle plumber's crack will get away with it I theorize and very much assume.

welcome , i hope you enjoy the site and learn as much as we can teach , and share as much as you can . re guitarists and volume: don't let them control it or most times(professionals excluded) you will regret it later, that is why i plan to purchase a few Di's to use for our jazz band bass guitars

avkid:
of course i dont let them control anything, but they do anyway, if i let them i couldnt complain.... well i would anyway, but thats beside the point cause i dont.

welcome to 12yearoldlightingdesigner :) i'm amy and it should be cool to have you on here.

(and apologies for the weird post i made earlier.. it made me feel a little off because it was pointed out.)

BAD AMY! lol I'm sure he forgives you. as an aside to his reference to the Intellabeams, ours are slowly dying. we've recently been having problems with the gate. when the controller is in standby mode, often one of the four has its gate partially open. 12yearold, anything else, you'll know the problems in more detail than me. Does anyone have suggestions on how to fix this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back