A little about me .....

sly512

Hi All

My name is Simon Port. I was born in Sutton Coldfield and i go to Arthur Terry School. I do the majority of the lighting at our school, i also plan the lighting rig for our school show every year. As we are a Performing Arts school it is quite a big deal. The main desk we have at school it a Strand Classic Palette. we use mostly hard wired Zero 88 Chilli digital dimmers.

I also dabble in sound and have quite a good understanding of sound. At school the sound is all digital using the RSS system by Roland including the digital snakes and the Roland desk to go with them.

I am looking forward to sharing my experiences and learning new things!!

Welcome to the Booth Simon! You don't write with a US accent... where are you from? We've got members all over the world. I've got a Classic Palette too and am quite happy with it. Have you discovered the Strand support forum for the Palette software? The software developers hang out there regularly it's a great source of information about the software.

Don't be shy, jump in and post! The search function is your friend. Don't miss out on the best tech theater dictionary ever right here in our Wiki.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back