A new guy from Australia

Gaff, it wasn't the attempt at starting a civil war that has me back here, rather it's got to do with not being as run off my feet as I have been in recent months, but hey I got my name on the television credits for a show I was working on so I'm not complaining... Not to mention mixing on a PM1D:grin:.

I think the place Logos eluded to is otherwise known as Macquarie Bank...

Have Qld started to make something other than XXXX available to drink now?

Surfer's is in Queensland Keith which opens up an entrely new can of worms relating to interstate rivalries, I do admit however to the liking for an occasional VB although my favourite Aus beer is Boags. (From Tasmania)

Sorry for the mistake- we drove from Sydney up the coast to Rocky, then a hop to Darwin. Somehow got the borders a little mixed up. (That and the steering wheel on the opposite side didn't make dodging 'roos any easier!)

You should be drawn and quartered, you call yourself a Pennsylvania resident, ha!
Yuengling, the oldest continually operating family owned brewery.

Psht, I have an excuse! I'm under 21, I've never seen a bottle! (Actually, my parents only drink Coors... heathens.)

Corona has to be consumed with a slice of lemon or lime in the neck of the bottle!

I Believe Coca Cola should be the recommended drink of choice for the majority of members here.

I Believe Coca Cola should be the recommended drink of choice for the majority of members here.
No thank you, I'll take some Canada Dry or Boylan Ginger Ale instead.
The Boylan is a bit of a "novelty" product because it uses real cane sugar.
(it is quite sad that we have become so dependent on artificial or high fructose sweeteners)
proxy.php

(it is quite sad that we have become so dependent on artificial or high fructose sweeteners)

I was making more of a point about the type of libation being discussed rather than the actual brand. 'Sides I'm from Oklahoma, everything is coke; " Hey, Let's go over yonder and git us a coke." Even if your drinking Mountain Dew, your'e still "going for a coke" It's sorta like the whole Soda vs. Pop thing.

proxy.php

The Bundaberg Rum Co brew an amazing non alcoholic Ginger beer from Australian grown ginger and sugar cane. It is to die for.

Master Gafftaper, did you not think that at some point I would see this?

i get back from a two week holiday and find this....this slander again both Victorians

Logos :(

and everything i stand for
as if you need to be told GAFFTAPER:mrgreen:

ignore him reqel, he's just strange:twisted:

Last edited:
yes, what he said, except with better grammer :)

Hey I didn't start the civil war... it was your own people who just couldn't wait to turn on you the minute you stepped out of the room so they could turn on you.:angel:

Hey I didn't start the civil war... it was your own people who just couldn't wait to turn on you the minute you stepped out of the room so they could turn on you.:angel:
Yeah, it's that whole, " No Honor among thieves" thing. They are a bunch of convicts after all......

< or is that Honour? Do they misspell that too ? >

I'm back my migraines gone and yes you do mispell Honour.

Despite my great respect for Benjamin Franklin, the only non president to appear on your money, I feel that he should simply have left the spelling of English alone.

I...Benjamin Franklin, the only non president to appear on your money...
Alexander Hamilton on the $10 bill. Salmon P. Chase on the $10,000 bill. Lady Liberty on various coins.

Sorry, shooting my mouth off before checking facts but:

I thought that Hamilton was a President (silly me)
I didn't know you had a $10,000 bill.
I didn't mean coins.

Just checked Wikipedia
I think quoting the $10,000 bill is cheating just a little as it hasn't been printed since 1945 and was withdrawn from circulation in 1969.

Last edited:
Alexander Hamilton on the $10 bill. Salmon P. Chase on the $10,000 bill.
"Although they are still technically legal tender in the United States, high-denomination bills were last printed in 1945 and officially discontinued on July 14, 1969, by the Federal Reserve System. The $5,000 and $10,000 effectively disappeared well before then: there are only about 200 $5,000 and 300 $10,000 bills known, of all series since 1861."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back