A Note To Say Hi

Capn

Hi everyone! I just came across Controlbooth today. It looks like a great community so I joined up. In fact, this is the only forum I've joined. I have been on both sides of the sound board and about 5 years ago got a real job as a tech director and as such have been discovering a passion for light/stage design and trying to learn as much as I can about it. As for video/IMag, it's a necessary evil, so I tolerate it.:twisted:

Welcome aboard. As you may have gathered we are a happy bunch of lunatics. Join the fun and post your questions and ideas so we can help or hinder.

Welcome Aboard Capn' !

Logos beat me to the welcome, but I'll be the rest of the guys to the normal questions. Where ya from ? Have ya got a website?
Hope you have fun here. Don't take anyone but me seriously though.
:twisted:

Welcome Aboard Capn' !
Where ya from ? Have ya got a website?
:twisted:
Thanks a lot, guys! I've seen other forums where people took themselves way too seriously and am excited to see that the sanity has been checked at the door. I like the thought of having a community to bounce questions and ideas off of and a place that if I can save someone a headache I've run across I can give back to the community.
I'm in Fort Wayne, Indiana and am the TD at a large church where we don't take ourselves too seriously either. I am currently working on a personal web site for my production company where I do all sorts of stuff from CD projects, commercials for TV/radio to Mac repair for other businesses in the area.
Thanks again for the great welcome!

Welcome to the Booth Capn!

It's a great community and you'll learn a lot to. It's amazing there's an expert around here for just about everything you can imagine. There are also a lot of great young people just starting out who really appreciate the advice of the old guys like Van.

We've got a couple of big church Tech people around here... I know there's one guy who runs a youth program with an amazing budget... don't remember who it is.

Just watch out for those Australians and their Metric system. It's going to destroy us all you know.

Wait you mean the old guys don't apprieciate my "near-boundless" amounts knowledge, Only the kids enjoy it ?

Wait you mean the old guys don't apprieciate my "near-boundless" amounts knowledge, Only the kids enjoy it ?

uh... basically yes.

Metric? Next thing ya know you won't be able to see anything but kilometers for miles and miles! ; )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back