A small box with a BIG problem...

My issue is that the wires were not color coded. They were all white. So if I'd seen green I coulda said "ah, green, ground, longer pin slightly off center." etc.. ..............

Wait I though if a wire was white it could only carry the Netral energy, and green could only carry the ground energy....... You mean the wires all the same inside ? Wow electricity realy is magic.......:eek:

So knowing wiring sounds extremely important. How do you practise, though? If a person took old cables that don't work so well and switched wiring around in the plugs, (maybe also switching plugs?) until it felt comfortable to do in five minutes, would that be a worthwhile thing to do?
But if the cable doesn't work so well, how to test it? Hmmm.

If you are having trouble finding tech people to learn from in your area look up the local ham radio club. There are usually quite a few hams just waiting to impart their knowledge on the younger generation before they keel over.

I've seen and used Mogul stage pins before, they're much more common in film, as thats typically what you're plugging lunchboxes and spider boxes in with.

I love 100A Bates. Nothing like a bates to the head to get a slow moving electric going again...

kw

c) electrician (as in "the guy who's never around when you need him, and always has go to the box office to change a bulb that's way more important than what you need him for?")

I suspect despite never having seen you that thats because the girl in the box office is prettier than you are. Or maybe simply better endowed.

I suspect despite never having seen you that thats because the girl in the box office is prettier than you are. Or maybe simply better endowed.

I don't know about that. I hear that Derek's got a pretty impressive rack...

...of audio gear.

I was talking about her inheritence. I don't understand your reference.

Wait I though if a wire was white it could only carry the Netral energy, and green could only carry the ground energy....... You mean the wires all the same inside ? Wow electricity realy is magic.......:eek:

And don't forget to hold the ends of the cable up high when carrying it so the volts don't run out...

I was talking about her inheritence. I don't understand your reference.

She's got Grrreat Huuuge.......Tracts of land..

She's got Grrreat Huuuge.......Tracts of land..

You got to it faster than I could Van. I have to stop sleeping it's interfering with my ability to post quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back