A voice in the wilderness...

PropDad

Greetings all. I'm an old fart (or just an out-of-shape middle-ager).

Somehow I got roped into building props for my daughter's dance studio. My first attempts were clumsy and heavy and not terribly durable. I had zero help or advice and pretty much had to "wing" everything.

It's a hard lesson to learn that dance studios and moving companies don't have the respect I feel my creations deserve.

I'm sure there are many more hard lessons to learn and I look forward to interacting with people who have tons more experience and knowledge than I.

A little bit about me: I'm a jack of many trades, master of none. I have education and experience in furrniture-building but I don't expect to be whipping out my Bedrock No. 11 jointer plane which is badly in need of a tune-up anyhow. I dabble in rudimentary electronics (I can solder and read schematics).

I usually have more ideas than time or energy and often get paralyzed by the shear number possibilities I can't decide on just one.

You are not alone. There are many around here who feel your pain. We are glad to have you here. So jump in and join the discussion. It's amazing what you can learn, who you can meet, and who you can help from your own experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back