The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Act Curtain

Discussion in 'Wiki' started by derekleffew, May 18, 2009.

  1. derekleffew

    derekleffew Resident Curmudgeon Senior Team Premium Member

    Likes Received:
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    A downstage drapery whose movement is used to signal the beginning or end of an act. Also called House Curtain or Main Rag, though there are minor distinctions. A house curtain is owned and permanently installed at the theatre, and is thus generic.
    House Curtain Hamman Hall.jpg
    House curtain of Hamman Hall, Rice Univ., Houston, TX.

    An act curtain, which may also be called a show curtain, is specific to the production.
    Wicked Show Curtain.jpg
    Wicked show curtain.

    Again, a subtle difference between Act Curtain and Show Curtain: occasionally, a production will have different drops for each act.

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice