ACT Lighting Grand MA1 vs 2 training

Hi,

I am about to schedule a course at ACT lighting for the Grand MA. They just responded with an email that asks me if I wanted to learn the MA1 or MA2.

So my question to any MA programmers out there is what should I do?
How different is 1vs2? Will I be completely lost in 1 if I train 2 and vise verse?

If that is the case then how available is the MA2? Would it be better to learn 1 because its presence I assume would be greater?

Thanks

I would suggest going for the Grand MA 2 if you have to pick one. The reason why is because the MA 1 has been discontinued. There are tons of them out there so learning how to use one would be good. However, if I had to make the choice I would go with the MA 2. The features are not going to be as different as night and day so why not go with the one that will be used for years to come. They make a video on how to run a grand ma1 and there is a very good guide (unofficial) online.

Enjoy your class and take lots of notes! Also ask them how to do LIVE color mixing. Trust me it will come in handy one day.

GBTimex

I would suggest going for the Grand MA 2 if you have to pick one. The reason why is because the MA 1 has been discontinued. There are tons of them out there so learning how to use one would be good. However, if I had to make the choice I would go with the MA 2. The features are not going to be as different as night and day so why not go with the one that will be used for years to come. They make a video on how to run a grand ma1 and there is a very good guide (unofficial) online.

Enjoy your class and take lots of notes! Also ask them how to do LIVE color mixing. Trust me it will come in handy one day.

GBTimex

Thanks,

I actually called them and they pretty much gave the same advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back