The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

1. techieman33

techieman33 Well-Known Member

So I've been tasked with finding all the adapters we might need to convert to HDMI. In the past we've normally just gotten them with the projector and screen rental. But their bag isn't always available. Especially now as we enter dance recital season and will have a screen and projector for a month an can never get a straight answer from the dance companies if they're going to use video, or if they'll need some adapter until they walk in the door and what to try it out that instant.

Anyway, here's what I've got so far.
    USB C to hdmi
    Display port
    Mini display port
    DVI
    VGA
    Mini HDMI
    Micro HDMI
    Apple Lightning

Anything else I'm missing?

RonHebbard likes this.
  2. Calc

Calc Active Member

No more adapters to add, but I do have a few notes:

Where you can, buy self-powered adapters. We ended up with a bunch of HDMI >VGA adapters that work fine on everything EXCEPT Apple- they underpowered the HDMI bus on some Macbook Air models. We had to buy a bunch more with micro-USB inputs for power.
    By the same ticket, get adapters with power pass-through for Lightning and USB-C. Keeps the device from going dead while presenting!
    Do you need audio breakouts from the adapter to run to your audio console too?

3. techieman33

techieman33 Well-Known Member

Thanks, you made some good points. I forget how stupid Apple gets sometimes. Gotta sell all those dongles.

RonHebbard likes this.