Control/Dimming ADB Liberty: merging DMX from Artnet/sACN

YogiB

Hi all,

I'm very unfamiliar with ADB products, as we don't really see them in North America. Currently working with a French theatre group and having our premier next week in a theatre that has the ADB Liberty.

The show is saved on an OnPC application and I want to try avoid reprogramming the 100-ish cues on a new console that I'm not very familiar with. However, I read that the console supports networking protocols, so I'm bringing a network switch to hook them up together with Artnet or sACN (other theatres during our residencies had artnet nodes).

In the Hathor software manual, I see mentions about network inputs, but nothing specific on using the network inputs to send them to the integrated DMX (XLR) outputs. In an ideal world, I'd love to do an (HTP) universe merge, so I might use some faders on the Liberty for effects that should be done manual.

Can anyone confirm that this works, or that it won't?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Wouldn't you just replace the Liberty with your OnPC computer?

In general, network protocols use HTP merging if all priorities are the same. So multiple sACN or Artnet sources will be read by the network device and merged accordingly. Which I interpret to mean you could run both controllers together and they would merge accordingly.

Do look up sACN universe priority. https://help2.malighting.com/Page/grandMA2/network_dmx_protocols/en/3.3
@jfleenor Janelle, are you following along at home?
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Wouldn't you just replace the Liberty with your OnPC computer?
The production is a little over-budget so far, so our pc wing might be purchased rather next theatre season. For now, the Liberty is my only option to have physical faders for some touchy effects and the only device to output DMX (no other network nodes). So the Liberty would be acting as the node for 99% of the show.

The only option the theatre has lying around is an old AVAB board from the 80s/90s running VLC Safari, which I would like to not having to wrengle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back