ADJ Fog Fury Jett - midi control

Frederik

Hello,

recently my band decided to take control of the light show. We bought 2 American DJ Fog Fury Jett, which our great. Now I want to control them using a Ayra OSO 1612 DMX scanmaster controller which in turn is controlled by a midi track in cubase. I've managed to get the fog machines to work but when I trigger them with a midi note (that starts a certain scene), the scene keeps repeating.
So my specific question: is there a midi note or command that stops a scene?

Well here is the manual.
https://www.bax-shop.nl/downloads/products/9000-0004-4883/ayra_oso_1612_dmx_operator_user_manual.pdf

Now the way it reads is the note to turn it on also turns it off. So play the same note twice will turn it off. Also from the manual it looks like 126 is your blackout “backout”

Also it looks like you can assign certain notes to specific DMX channels.

This is definitely a UK based product and something I’ve never seen before. Looks like a fun cheap stater controller.

Well here is the manual.
https://www.bax-shop.nl/downloads/products/9000-0004-4883/ayra_oso_1612_dmx_operator_user_manual.pdf

Now the way it reads is the note to turn it on also turns it off. So play the same note twice will turn it off. Also from the manual it looks like 126 is your blackout “backout”

Also it looks like you can assign certain notes to specific DMX channels.

This is definitely a UK based product and something I’ve never seen before. Looks like a fun cheap stater controller.

Thanks for your input. Forgive me for my ignorance but what is the function or meaning of "backout"?

Thanks for your input. Forgive me for my ignorance but what is the function or meaning of "backout"?
@Frederik I'm writing from Canada and like @Amiers I've never seen your fogger either. To answer your question regarding the term "Backout", my suspicion would be 'Reverse' / Back up / Go back one step to the previous step you came from.
I'm totally guessing but I suspect 'Black out' is like our commonly used lighting term for a total 'black out' / all lights out, extinguished, at a level of zero with 'Back out' suggesting Go Back, a reverse 'Go' button if you prefer.
Welcome to Control Booth @Frederik , there are worse places you could visit.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

I would like to say it is a typo and it means Black Out.

As Ron so elegantly stated. Hopefully his words goes through your translator good.

Thanks a lot for your input. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back