Advice on how to dowse a 55" flat panel tv

RJNAP

I'm adding 2 55" flat panel TV's in profile orientation to my set design and the LD wants the Dowsed some way to avoid "vomiting Light " when they go digital black.

if this was a Projector , I'd use a string and a piece of cardboard .

I am playing around with the idea of rotating it into some kind of pocket or black bag but can't quite visualise it .

open to any ideas,

thanks !

Might want to just see what happens if you dig into the menus and turn the backlights down. Depending on how you're lighting the show you may not need the brightness jacked up on the TV's in the first place.

The amount of video black will depend on the technology used to illuminate the screen. If you get an OLED screen, you will have the truest black.

We bought an inexpensive (<$50) color bar/ black burst generator and use it through a switcher as needed. Not sure what format you're using, this setup is NSTC.

Indeed, OLED displays will not generate *any light at all* if you feed them a true black (though you have to be careful about "setup", which sometimes leaks into HDTV signals where it doesn't belong).

If you haven't *bought* the screens yet, check the price-up on OLED.

Do *not* be misled by "QLED" or any number of other "we wanna be OLEDs but we're not" technologies.

Yabut...

To me, at least, a Dowse and an Undowse, are things that take less than a second, preferably, about 100ms.

Flat panel TVs tend to take several seconds, at least, to power on, and how they come up is pretty indeterminate.

If all the OP needs is "Starts on, and dowses after use", yeah...

When it senses subterranean water, it will bend toward the source.

So that explains this...

proxy.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back