Ahoy

ScottH

Hello all,
My name is Scott Hali and I am a lighting designer with about 6 years professional experience. I am currently a freelancer in NYC who has lit both theatre and events in the New York area.
Check out my website to see a summery of my work.

Why I'm Here:
I am a strong believer that an event or production is an experience both for the observer as well as for the people who make the event possible. In order for this experience to be as effective as possible, it must be seamless. The observer or audience member must willfully suspend their disbelief. They cannot be distracted by the nuts and bolts.
The professionals responsible for these people's experience must be just that, professionals. They must have a strong grasp on their craft and an emotional connection with the material with which they are. To be a professional in technical theatre and moreover the entertainment industry takes patience, skill, and courage under fire.
Its not about the technology or the toys but the knowledge, experience and creativity to use the tools that are available to the best of your ability. I would rather have 1 light in the right place than 12 lights arbitrarily placed.
I strive every day to exercise this philosophy and to share this philosophy with others. This isn't a game or hobby for me. This is a career. A great mentor of mine once said "we are not techies, any more than they are acties or dancies." Thats why I joined this forum, to share my thoughts and hopefully contribute my creative point of view in a thoughtful manner.

Enough of my rant. Lets post some threads!!

Lets post some threads!!

Come on, let's go!!! Get that post count up!

Ahoy there yourself, Scott! That philosophy is a great one to have. Now if only everyone would have the same philosophy, right? Imagine what a world we would have.

Anyways, if it's information you seek you will definitely want to make use of the search feature as there are over 10,000 threads chock-full of information for YOU! Post where you can help out - and don't doubt yourself, even a small suggestion can help a lot!!!

Also, be sure to pop in a lot and post, because we're always open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back