aida Error on our part

I would suggest that all you people in Woburn, Mass. keep this quiet until the situation is officially resolved.
Google is not your friend in a situation like this. I have been retained in situations to do online background research on individuals.
I do a preliminary check on all my new volunteers, you would be amazed at what comes up.
I would suggest you edit down what you have already posted to very general statements, if anything at all.

You have got to be kidding me!

Where do you work that you screen volunteers?

Er... my handle produces over 1300 results in a search engine, and my last name is extremely unique. Only about half a dozen with this name in the country.

Well unless you specifically know their user name, which normally isn't a question you're asked during interviews. I don't think anyones going to have a problem. Personally I haven't seen anything that would be considered "horrid" Sure you'll get the impression that astrotechie thinks everything is going to end in the worse way and he thinks hes racially discriminated against.

But he's not plotting plans to take out the president here :p

You can try searching my actual name and maybe somehow you'll hit control booth but unlikley as I'm also from American Idol, I'm a country singer, and I own a Car Dealership

On a side note there's only 3 people from Woburn Here, Me, Astrotechi, and MHarriman. The OP which we sort of hijacked the thread from it would seem is a seperate case in a completely different state :p.

I figured you would jump me.
Forget it, the same crap happened to me in high school and somebody was threatening me with internet search results that were mostly from here. Mind you, they were mostly irrelevant. Certain individuals can spin almost anything to appear in their favor.

AHHHHHHH!!!!! TO MUCH IMMATURE IRRESPONSIBLE CRAP GOING ON IN THIS THREAD!!! I tried to ignore this thread but can't take it anymore.

There was a hole in the grid so it's not your fault that you broke the rules and went on the roof?!?! It also sounds like it's somehow all the stage manger's fault in your mind. First off none of you would be working for me after this. I can always train someone else to take your spot and there will always be someone else who wants to take your place. You abused your privileges in the theater to do something dumb and dangerous. You abuse privileges you lose privileges... period. You don't deserve a heroes' welcome back by the cast. You don't deserve to be back at all because you clearly haven't learned anything.

Do you like Tech? Do you want to possibly have a career in it some day? Figure out why what you did is wrong. Since your school administration is incompetent and bows to the whims of the drama teacher when it comes to rule enforcement, let me tell you what happens if you are unsafe and don't follow the rules in the working world. You WILL be fired and you will have a VERY hard time finding work again (word gets around and your reputation will be very difficult to overcome).

Secondly the stage manager. Don't like her? TOUGH, suck it up and do YOUR job right. Is there something wrong with how the stage manager is calling something. Talk to the stage manger and then your director/teacher. Still don't like the resolution. Suck it up and do YOUR job right. Work hard keep your head down and focus on YOUR job. Can't stand it, fine leave. You can and will be replaced. If you are as good as you think you are you can easily find other theater opportunities outside of your high school.

Grow up. High School theater tech should teach one one thing above all else... personal responsibility. Clearly you haven't figured that one out yet. While Rickyblu's story is similar there is one huge difference. In his story, the techies were the responsible ones doing their jobs.

Sorry to be so harsh but you need to know the truth. You may be able to pull this kind of crap in high school but it'll destroy your career in the real world. So learn some responsibility now before it hurts you permanently.

Last edited:
I agree with gafftaper, one of the things I hold is when people put trust in me. I absolutly can't stand when someone looses trust in me. Which is why in my other thread explaining my story I was beyond POed. When I do a job I like to do it right as I'm putting my name on it, and in the case of running the group anything that my team does is under my name. If one of them did go on the roof and fell off even though I'm a student, I'm not legally reponsible (which is where we run into the problem of not being an actual tech director since I'm only a student as van pointed out before) but I'm in for a hell of a lot of trouble if someone does something stupid on the team.

You go on the roof what happens if you fall off? Or you slip? It's the schools responsibility. Personally if me or my team members had gone on the roof by all means the school has the right to suspend us. Which is my case is where the story wouldn't add up the school knows me I've never gotten introuble in my 4 years of highschool. So why would I risk going on the roof and allow my team up there 20 days before I graduate? Especially while we're working on prep for an event. There's plenty of other times we could have gone up there in the past.

But anyways, so yea what gafftape said is correct.

You have got to be kidding me!

Where do you work that you screen volunteers?

Er... my handle produces over 1300 results in a search engine, and my last name is extremely unique. Only about half a dozen with this name in the country.

Well i know one place that i volunteered that screens each volunteer. But this was medicine so i think that is understandable.

Well unless you specifically know their user name, which normally isn't a question you're asked during interviews. I don't think anyones going to have a problem. Personally I haven't seen anything that would be considered "horrid" Sure you'll get the impression that astrotechie thinks everything is going to end in the worse way and he thinks hes racially discriminated against.

But he's not plotting plans to take out the president here :p

You can try searching my actual name and maybe somehow you'll hit control booth but unlikley as I'm also from American Idol, I'm a country singer, and I own a Car Dealership

On a side note there's only 3 people from Woburn Here, Me, Astrotechie, and MHarriman. The OP which we sort of hijacked the thread from it would seem is a seperate case in a completely different state :p.

well search my name, you are going to get answers on who i really am. Also i dont have a horrid view at life. May be i do but beside the fact. And im not a negative person, i just find the negatives in all things in life, ie life is a torture, Also I dont think they would be able to put my name to astrotechie unless MHarriman or Rickblu told who astrotechie was. And I have lived in two states and there are millions of ppl all of over the world with my last name and thousands with a variation of my first name. So finding the real me will be hard but everything online that has my real name posted is all good.

While Rickyblu's story is similar there is one huge difference. In his story, the techies were the responsible ones doing their jobs.

Sorry to be so harsh but you need to know the truth. You may be able to pull this kind of crap in high school but it'll destroy your career in the real world. So learn some responsibility now before it hurts you permanently.

Thanks gafftaper. I have to agree with you.

Hey Rick and Astro... we've sort of had our disagreements in the past... and I still think you guys are a bit full of yourself... BUT, from everything I've read you guys are responsible, hard working, and doing your best with little training and support. I would be glad to take you two on my crew, kick your butts a little, teach you a few things, and I know in the end you will make good solid professional technicians. You're welcome in my shop anytime. This guy... I've got a never ending bucket of used screws he can sort.

Hey Rick and Astro... we've sort of had our disagreements in the past... and I still think you guys are a bit full of yourself... BUT, from everything I've read you guys are responsible, hard working, and doing your best with little training and support. I would be glad to take you two on my crew, kick your butts a little, teach you a few things, and I know in the end you will make good solid professional technicians. You're welcome in my shop anytime. This guy... I've got a never ending bucket of used screws he can sort.

Hey I'd be offended if we didn't get a butt kicking, I'm sure all of you guys that have been doing this for years have gotten it. It's part of the trade I'm sure.

On "topic" with my off topic from earlier, we all went down today and our building manager said none of us were introuble he was just pissed that the janitor that was the one that caught them had said nothing, and of course when he went to the janitor pissed off from the damage. We got thrown under the bus as he put it. He said that the school trusts us immensely in what we do. They know we know our stuff, and we do our best to keep everything organized and running without trouble. So all in all everything went fine and we are still trusted by the school, good enough that while we were waiting for the principle to come back I could ask him how our seat lights are doing and the sound system.

Last edited:
Rick you'll know you've become a real technician the day you screw up and your college T.D. doesn't yell at you about it.

Rick you'll know you've become a real technician the day you screw up and your college T.D. doesn't yell at you about it.

True, that :)

Not offensive at all. Im used to being kicked around, abused by people (ie told to work and i dont ask any questions[unless morally incorrect]). But I would love to join your crew but you are little to far away for me right now. And my dream isnt in theater, it is space (me want to be an astronaut). But i love theater (so if i dont get to walk on the moon, i can bet you that im going to be at your doorstep).

And my dream isnt in theater, it is space (me want to be an astronaut). But i love theater (so if i dont get to walk on the moon, i can bet you that im going to be at your doorstep).

I'll know if you make it when I see syncrolites doing a light show off of the Moon through the telescope at the campus observatory :).

Dude if you want to be an astronaut RUN from the theater NOW and don't ever look back. Get yourself in a science lab and stay there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back